Latham: 518.785.0134 | Queensbury: 518.792.6595
View our current openings below or use our contact form below to submit your resume.
The Accountant/Auditor will demonstrate understanding and application of generally accepted accounting principles, generally accepted auditing standards, and the principles of internal accounting control. They will exhibit the ability to provide neat, complete, and organized work papers using the firm’s technology. They will effectively handle engagement preparation and client file setup, create trial balances and lead sheets and maintain professional interaction with clients. This person will also, demonstrate proficiency in preparing personal and business tax returns, display a good knowledge of tax concepts and demonstrate understanding tax regulations and accounting pronouncements.
Accountant/Auditor Skills and Qualifications:
• Currently hold or is currently pursuing a CPA license
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills
• A Master’s degree or equivalent level of education is required
Location: Queensbury, NY office
• Our salary and benefit programs are highly competitive, including medical, dental, life, and long term disability insurance.
• We also boast 401K, cafeteria plan, and excellent vacation and holiday paid time off benefits.
• Marvin is known for providing a better work/life balance than many firms, as travel time is less on average and personal needs for schedule flexibility are considered.
Marvin and Company, P.C., a regional accounting firm, celebrating 95 years of service, with offices in Latham and Queensbury, NY, is growing. We have immediate openings for Experienced Tax Associates in our Tax Department in the Latham office and in the Tax Department in our Queensbury office.
The ideal candidate will possess five or more years of diversified tax experience, including advanced business and personal tax preparation and review, tax research and consulting experience a plus, along with a solid accounting background in public accounting. Excellent communication and client service skills a must. Our salary and benefit programs are highly competitive, including medical, dental, life, and long term disability insurance. We also boast 401K, cafeteria plan, and excellent vacation and holiday paid time off benefits.
Marvin is known for providing a great work/life balance, providing work schedule flexibility to accommodate personal needs. Marvin and Company, P.C. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com or mail to: Myra M. Thorne, HR Manager Marvin and Company, P.C. 11 British American Blvd. Latham, NY 12110