Marvin and Company COVID-19 Update: 3/20/2020
Posted on: 3/20/20 by
Kevin P. O'Leary, CPA
Marvin and Company COVID-19 - Update
To our friends and clients, we hope you are staying safe and healthy. Above everything else that is the most important thing right now!
The Executive Committee at Marvin and Company has been meeting daily to develop a fluid plan that allows us to get our work done while most importantly allowing us to keep our team safe and healthy. We wanted to let you know about the steps we are taking in order to accomplish three things – staying healthy, getting work done and complying with recently enacted laws. Those steps include the following:
- Governor Cuomo has mandated that 100% of a company’s workforce now work remotely. However, there are 12 categories of business that are exempt from the mandate - accounting is one of those categories.
- We are requiring all audit and assurance personnel to work from home.
- We have a select few tax and administrative personnel who will be working in our Latham and Queensbury offices seven days a week. We have moved people within the office so that we have plenty of distance between us. As you can imagine being scattered like this could slow things down a little, however our IT department has been preparing for something like this for a long time and we have tremendous remote capabilities.
- At this time we are not allowing any visitors at either office. If you are used to dropping off or picking up your tax information we ask that you mail it to us or reach out to your contact at Marvin and ask for a ShareFile link to our secure portal. All returns, once completed, will be either mailed to you or sent over that secure portal.
- At some point soon we will be switching the phones to electronic answer and which will allow you to spell your Marvin representative’s name in order to be directly transferred to them. Feel free to leave a message as all messages are transcribed to that person’s email. Immediate notification that a message was left will be sent to each individual.
- The IRS has extended the tax deadline from April 15th to July 15th, this includes filing and payment.
- We will continue to keep you informed of any changes that may come at either the Federal or State level and though most of our clients live in NY we are certainly keeping an eye out for other states as well and how they are handling the impending deadlines.
With updates coming out daily, sometimes multiple times a day, at both the Federal and State level, we anticipate that this will not be the last time we need to send an email out discussing our internal plan. We ask for your patience as we all try and deal with this and the impacts it is having on all of us personally and professionally.
We wish you and your family continued health. Please know that we are trying our best to make this as seamless as possible.
We can’t thank the employees at Marvin and Company enough for all of the hard work, patience and understanding they have demonstrated over these trying times. It reminds me more and more why I love working at this firm.
Kevin P. O'Leary, CPA, Managing Director