Marvin and Company Adds Two New Employees, Five Interns and Promotes Nine
Marvin and Company, P.C., an award-winning Capital Region accounting, auditing, taxation and management consulting firm, is pleased to announce the expansion of its exemplary staff with the addition of two new team members, five new tax interns, and several staff promotions.
“Marvin and Company is excited to welcome Jennifer and Kara to our staff and Christianna, Griffin, Robert, Kristian and Taylor to our tax intern team. Additionally, we’re proud and appreciative of the hard work of our promoted staff,” said Managing Director Kevin O’Leary, CPA. “These professionals will help enhance our firm by providing a fresh perspective and elevating the quality of services we provide. Our newest additions will help us better serve our clients and community alike.”
- Jennifer Castiblanco - Jennifer joins our staff as a Senior Assurance Associate. She will be based in our Latham office. Jennifer has more than 8 years of accounting experience and is currently working towards her CPA license. She was most recently a Staff Accountant for Kane Accounting Solutions based out of Miami, FL.
- Kara Taylor - Kara joins our staff as an Assurance Associate. She will be based in our Queensbury office. She is a recent graduate of SUNY Plattsburgh where she earned her B.S. in Accounting. Kara was previously an Accounting Intern for the Champlain Valley Educational Services and was also a Tax Associate with H&R Block.
- Christianna Halek - Christianna is a returning Tax Intern (Winter 2018) and Audit Intern (Summer 2018). She will be joining our Audit team full-time effective July 2019. She is scheduled to graduate with her MA in Accounting from Siena this coming May.
- Griffin Fisher – Griffin joins our tax team as an intern. He is a Senior Accounting student from Siena College. He previously interned with Kumlander, Donofrio, Hay and Pehl, CPAs. He currently works at Saratoga AutoBrokers as a Bookkeeper and he is also an Operations Manager & Master Distiller with Saratoga Courage, LLC.
- Robert Hamilton – Robert joins our tax team as an intern. He is scheduled to graduate from the College of St. Rose with his MA in Accounting this coming May. Robert’s experience includes a finance internship with Colonie Senior Service Centers and a Tax Internship through the VITA program.
- Kristian Quackenbush – Kristian joins our tax team as an intern. He is a junior accounting student from the College of St. Rose. He is currently a Counselor for the Colonie Youth Center.
- Taylor Friedman – Taylor joins our tax team as an intern. She is a senior accounting major from Siena College. She has worked as a temporary Auditor for the NYS Department of Health since January of 2018. She was also a Substitute Teacher for UB North Campus Child Care Center in Amherst, NY.
- Syed Hussnain: Syed has been promoted to Assurance Associate Level 2. He joined our firm in January 2018. He is a Siena College graduate with an MA in Accounting. Syed previously interned with Sickler, Torchia, Allen & Churchill CPAs. He is fluent in Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi, he also studied Russian for five years.
- Peter Rooney: Peter has been promoted to Assurance Associate Level 2. He joined the audit department in 2017. He earned his Master’s and Bachelor’s in Accounting from the University at Albany. He previously interned with The Ayco Company in their national tax group.
- Aliaksandra Khutsko: Alex has been promoted to Senior Assurance Associate. She joined Marvin and Company in 2017. Alex earned her Bachelor’s in Accounting from the Sage College of Albany and her MBA with Concentration in Finance from the same institution. She was most recently an intern with the NYS Department of Health- Finance and Rate Setting Division. She is trilingual in Russian, Belarussian and English.
- Joshua Kirby: Josh has been promoted to Senior Assurance Associate. He joined the audit department in 2015. He earned his Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees in Accounting from Siena College. He holds an Associate’s degree in Business Administration from Hudson Valley Community College. The Loudonville native is a near-scratch golfer (3 handicap). He also loves to volunteer, giving his time to the Equinox Thanksgiving dinner preparations, ALS Charity Golf Tournament and Welcome Table Luncheon for St. John’s and St. Anne’s Community Center.
- Charles Smith, CPA: Charles has been promoted to Senior Assurance Associate. He joined the audit and tax departments in 2014. He earned his Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees in accounting from Alfred University College of Professional Studies where he was a member of the Pacioli Society, Delta Mu Delta, Beta Gamma Sigma, Dean’s List and a Presidential Scholar. Smith, a resident of Glens Falls, works from both our Queensbury and Latham offices.
- Jessica Olszowy, CPA: Jessica has been promoted to Assurance Supervisor. She joined the audit department in 2014. She earned a Master’s and Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Siena College. The Schenectady native was a member of the Dean’s List, Accounting Students Association and provided tutoring in Computer Science/Management Information Systems.
- Yee Ching “Megan” Tan, CPA: Megan has been promoted to Tax Manager. She joined the tax department in 2015. The Malaysian native is a graduate of the National University of Malaysia where she earned her Bachelor’s degree in Finance and The University at Albany where she earned her Master’s degree in Accounting. Before joining the Marvin and Company, P.C. team, Megan worked for Deloitte in Malaysia and The Iyler Practice in Singapore.
- Andrew Matthews, CPA: Andy has been promoted to Principal. He joined the audit department in 2017. Andy earned his Bachelor’s from the University of Connecticut along with a Certificate in Accounting from Siena College. He specializes in commercial businesses and employee benefit plans. Andy comes to Marvin and Company with nearly 20 years of accounting experience. He was most recently an Audit Manager for BST & Co. CPAs, LLP and also UHY, LLP. Andy is currently the president for the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA).
- Reshma Mulchandani, CPA: Reshma has been promoted to Principal. She joined the tax department in 2016. She has over a decade of experience in public accounting, seven of which she spent with a firm in Schenectady. She earned her Associate of Business Administration degree at SUNY Adirondack Community College and her Bachelor’s of Science in Accounting from Siena College.