E-Filers: NYS and Some Other States Now Require Information from Your Driver LicenseĀ 

Posted on: 1/8/18 by Amy L. Jordan


NYS and some other states now require information from your driver license in order for us to e-file your tax return. In particular, pay attention to what is referred to as the “Document Number”. If you can't read it, you'll need to get a better copy made or contact your local DMV office for clarification of that uniqu number.

Pictured above: image of the front of current NYS Driver License, ID Number is at the top of the document and the Document Number is at the bottom (issued before 1/28/2014).

Image of the back of current NYS Driver License, issued after 1/28/2014, the Document Number is listed on the back of the document.

If you have any questions, please contact your Marvin and Company representative.

Marvin University

The Marvin University professors are here to help your organization. see our list of upcoming educational events and download past sessions.

Community Involvement

We not only provide professional services to the not-for-profit industry, we provide our own time and resources.
Learn more here.


Start shaping your future at Marvin and Company today.